HS Rowers and Families,
As we gear up this week for the start of Sprint Season starting with Novice regatta on Saturday, February 2nd and Southern Erg Sprints the following Saturday February 9th, I would like to inform you of a change in our typical schedule. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I will be making a quick trip to Ireland tomorrow returning next Thursday prior to Erg sprints. With this unexpected trip I am confident that I have a good plan in place to keep the momentum going.
I am confident that our Novices are ready for our first big race of the Spring Season. Typically the week or two prior to erg sprints most of the focus is on spending time on the erg and this year is no different. However, many of our rowers have, or have access to, ergs at their homes and local gyms. Because of this ALL erg days will be completed at HOME.
If you do not have an erg, please speak to either Kelly or Coach Katie about borrowing/signing out one from the club.
The schedule is as follows (this information can also be found on the SORA Calendar):
- Wednesday, January 30th Regular practice at the park 2:30pm - 4:30pm
- Thursday, January 31st Practice for ALL high school rowers - Boat Loading
- Friday, February 1st
- Novice OFF - Rest day
- HS Varsity ERG day
- 4K steady state, 3 x 750, 3 minutes rest
- Saturday, February 2nd Novice Regatta
- HS Varsity encouraged to attend regatta, we will have two ergs there for training
- 3K steady state, 5 x 500, 2 minutes rest
- Sunday, February 3rd Rest Day
- Monday, February 4th Erg Day for ALL
- 3K steady state, 3 x 1000, 100 on 100 off, 3 minutes rest
- Tuesday, February 5th Regular practice at the park - 3:30pm - 5:30pm
- Wednesday, February 6th Erg Day for ALL
- 2K steady state, 3 x 300- 80%, 1:30 rest, 1500 Piece
- Thursday, February 7th Regular practice at the park - 3:30pm - 5:30pm
- Friday, February 8th Rest Day
- Saturday, February 9th Southern Erg Sprints - details to follow
Information on Novice Regatta - This Saturday, February 2nd is Novice regatta at Turkey Lake, it is a in-town regatta. Coach Katie and Coach Joe will both be in attendance, in addition to our Program Director Kelly Hagan and many of our Board members to assist. While this is a regatta that is focused on our Novice and Middle School teams, we highly encourage our Varsity girls and boys to attend to support the rest of the team and help out in the absence of myself.
Arrival Times for Rowers
- Coaches and Coxswains 6:30am
- All Rowers 7:00am
If you have any questions. Please feel free to reach out to me or anyone else on staff.