America’s Youth Cup Series
Covid Waiver: AYC COVID questionnaire.pdf
This is NOT a Travel Regatta.
This means the team will not be providing transportation nor will the rowers be sharing rooms as we’ve done in the past. Families will be responsible for transportation and lodging for their rower/family. Rowers will not be permitted to drive themselves.
When: Saturday and Sunday - February 20 - 21, 2021
- February 20 - Heats - Start Time - 10:00am
- February 21 - Finals - Start Time - 10:00am
Event Location: Nathan Benderson Park
5851 Nathan Benderson Circle, Sarasota, FL 34235
Parking: There will be a parking fee of $5
Familiarize yourself with the detailed map for parking and drop-off at Nathan Benderson Park. Rowers will NOT be dropped off on the island https://www.regattacentral.com/cms/uploads/sarasota_crew/files/Green%20Lot%20Parking%20plan%20for%20Regattas%202-8-21.pdf
Important Venue Information
Detailed below are specific restrictions that have been put in place for this regatta by USRowing, due to the Olympic Trials that will be practicing on location (Saturday and Sunday)
Please know the regatta hosts are following strict rules set in place to allow a race to happen. If any member of SORA or members of our team do not follow these rules, SORA will be disqualified and asked to leave. Some of these rules are just being told to the regatta hosts by Nathan Benderson Park to be allowed use of their park. Please know we do not make all of these rules and appreciate everyone being flexible.
From Regatta Host
As of 2/10/21 Nathan Benderson Park has told us the following. Some of these restrictions are also put on us by USRowing because they will be hosting Olympic trials Monday after our racing and will have athletes they want separated from our event.
- THERE IS NO ATHLETE DROP OFF ON THE ISLAND OR EVEN THE LOOP ON THE ISLAND.
- Parking AND Drop off for everyone will be in the parking lot in the map below.
- Parking will be $5/day for each car.
- No one is allowed on the island before 8:00 AM either day. This is a USRowing rule to allow Olympic Trials competitors the room they need to practice safely. Once on the island all AYC participants will be required to stay in the AYC area. NO SPECTATORS ON THE ISLAND AT ANY TIME.
NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO DROP OFF ON THE ISLAND - See Map below for drop off location. There should be signs directing you once you arrive at the site.
All participants and coaches and team staff will need to pass through a COVID symptoms check and receive a wristband after they walk onto the island in order to be on the island. There will be one check in tent. Teams will be allowed to have no more than 1 staff per 10 athletes. Any team found to abuse this privilege will be asked to leave. All team members will be expected to have filled out the race waiver AND the COVID pre-check before arriving at the venue.
Please sign-up to assist with hospitality at the link below:
Hospitality Link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/409044ba8a82ba3f49-2021
Regatta Central Link: https://www.regattacentral.com/regatta/?job_id=5290&org_id=510
This is the BEST place to stay up to date on all regatta information.Heat Sheet Information will be released later this week by the regatta
SORA Schedule: https://www.regattacentral.com/regatta/entries/?job_id=5290&org_id=510
- SORA Blue Polo or SORA Hi-Vis Yellow Shirt and ALL black pants or ALL black shorts
- Hi-VIs SORA Shirt, black shorts or pants
- Unisuits and Hi-Vis SORA Yellow hats
- HI-Vis Yellow hats are REQUIRED in all races.
- New hats can be purchased for $20 please see Kelly to purchase
We thank you for your [patience and understanding in regards to information on this and all up-coming regattas. Regattas are a huge endeavor for regatta hosts in normal conditions and with the addition of COVID and the USRowing Olympic Trials it is even more challenging.
Please be sure to attend our Parent and Rower Virtual Information Meeting on Thursday, Feb 18 ay 6pm. We hope to have more information and answer your questions on both AYC and our upcoming Spring and State Regattas.
SORA Program Director