Important Waiver/Questionnaire Links:
When: Saturday, November 21, 2020
Event Location: Nathan Benderson Park
5851 Nathan Benderson Circle, Sarasota, FL 34235
Due to COVID protocols all teams will be given SET arrival times by the regatta host. These times will NOT be released until sometime in the evening on Wed, Nov. 18. We will send updated information as soon as we have it.
This is NOT a Travel Regatta (meaning there is no team transportation nor team arranged hotel rooms).
All rowers are expected to arrange their own transportation to Nathan Benderson Park.
ONLY Rowers, coaches and support staff will be allowed on the island, all other viewing will be anywhere on the outside of the race course. There is a walking path that surrounds the entire waterway. This is a 5k course and will utilize all of the waterways. Please note that the direction of this course is different from sprint season and the start/finish is near the typical launch area.
Due to the complexity of this regatta with rowers on the island and parents, families on land side, It is vital that all rowers and families are on the Remind text group. All communication this weekend will be communicated via the text group.
To sign up for ALL High School just text the message “@sorayouth” to 321-282-3526.
Updated COVID-19 measures from the Regatta Planners:
- Visiting teams must monitor the health of athletes, coaches and volunteers. If anyone shows signs and symptoms they must leave and seek medical attention
- Visiting teams should advise members that have symptoms previous to race day to stay home
- All participant and support staff must wear masks while on the Regatta Island
- Teams must monitor symptoms with the symptom questionnaire
- Only those that have all “NO” responses to questionnaire will be allowed to participate
- Teams will only be allowed to have participants and support staff on the Regatta Island
- Visiting team members that have contact with or have had Covid-19 within the last 14 days must seek the permission from their team and health professional to attend.
- All participants and support staff will be symptom checked upon entry of the island
- Temperature check: Anyone testing over 100.2F will not be permitted to participate
- Oxygen Saturation: Anyone with SpO2 reading of 95% or below will not be permitted to participate
- Only those that pass both symptom checks will be permitted to participate.
- Successful completion of both symptom checks will result in being provided the necessary wristband to participate.
- No spectators will be allowed on Regatta Island. Spectators may view the race from other areas of the park
- Visiting teams will be asked to arrive at staggered times
- Team areas will be marked, and teams will be expected to stay within their allotted area
- Trailer area will be for rowers and coaches only
- Teams will distance from others while launching, racing, and docking.
- All equipment must be stored within the team trailer area
- Teams will be expected to follow all cleaning and distancing guidelines while in their area
- Team tents are permitted only if distancing measures are practiced
- Visiting teams are not allowed to visit other visiting team areas
Hospitality Link: https://m.signupgenius.com/#!/showSignUp/409044ba8a82ba3f49-head1
Regatta Central Link: https://www.regattacentral.com/regatta/?section=overview&job_id=7163
Event Schedule: https://www.regattacentral.com/regatta/events/?job_id=7163&org_id=0
Heat sheet: Coming Soon - Check back on Thursday (Nov. 19)
SORA Schedule: TBD
Detailed SORA Schedule: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EZ8rMZafRaXfOEQNy1G2UsR37qSASKnvNSm07KuBCD0/edit?usp=sharing
- 630am - Coaches, Cox
- 7am - U17 Men’s and Women’s 4x and U17 Men’s and Women’s 8+
- 7:45am - All others.
- Departure time is TBD. All updates will be sent via our text alert system.
- Novice Rowers that are only in ONE race the U17 Womens and Mens 8+ will be allowed to leave early at Noon
- ALL others will not leave until after the final race of the day and the trailer is loaded.
- Arrival: SORA Hi-Vis Yellow Shirt and ALL black Adidas pants or ALL black shorts
- Regatta: Hi-Vis SORA Shirt, black shorts or pants
- Race Wear: Unisuits and Hi-Vis SORA Yellow hats
Reminder your entire boat MUST look the same. If you are a Novice Rowers and you do NOT have a unisuit, you and your boat will wear the Hi-Vis Yellow SORA T-Shirt, ALL black Spandex.
HI- Vis Yellow hats are REQUIRED in all races. It is a part of our race uniform
New hats can be purchased for $20 please see Kelly to purchase