ALL summer programming is subject to change as we continue to deal with the consequences of Covid-19. We may alter, reschedule or cancel events as need be to adhere to current CDC guidelines.
Summer Drop-In Program
Please read this information, including the last section, in it's entirety to ensure this program runs as smoothly as possible. This is a new program this year and it will take everyone's help to make it a success.
Returning this summer is our Drop-in Program. Do you want to get on the water and put those meters in without a camp experience? This is a great opportunity to work on those small boat skills or get a group of friends together and work on boats of all sizes.
All HS & MS rowers, including those who attended a Learn to Row Camp, may sign up for theses sessions. You may sign-up for an entire session, a week at a time or even drop-in for a day of rowing with your friends. There is no coaching involved but you will be accompanied by a launch for safety and able to enjoy a day of rowing.
Please note that ALL drop in rowers will need to be at the park no later than 3:30pm or risk missing their opportunity to participate. No refunds will be processed for late arrivals.
Additional (very important) Information:
You may sign up additional days during the same session by simply creating a new registration and choosing the day(s) you wish to add.
In the the event that we do not have enough participants it is possible you may be left to erg or rescheduled for another day.
We encourage you to coordinate the days you row with your teammates but we cannot guarantee the boat you will be in. An attempt will be made to boat according to rower preference but the ultimate decision will be up to the staff on hand running camp.
Each participant should have athletic clothing, shoes and socks, a soft plastic water bottle, and a non-perishable snack that is packaged in a squirrel-proof bag. (Our squirrels are very creative - and hungry!)
As a reminder the following policies and protocols will be followed and enforced. All procedures and protocols fall in line with the current CDC health guidelines and imposed restrictions.
All rowers will need to bring this waiver with them when they return to the park, every rower and their parents must read and sign all NEW protocol and procedures.
- Rower / Coaches exhibiting symptoms or who have been in contact with persons exhibiting symptoms MUST stay home.
- IF you are waiting on COVID test results, we ask that you do NOT return to the boathouse until you have a confirmed NEGATIVE result.
- Masks will be MANDATORY on land, around the boatyard and dock area, masks may be removed when in a boat.
- All rowers may NOT return to the boathouse without a signed waiver by both the rower and parent that they understand these guidelines.
- Rowers/Coaches will have temperatures taken upon arrival to the boathouse, any temperature over 100 degrees will be sent home.
- Use of singles will be predominantly used, 4’s and 8’s will not be utilized.
- Rowers / Coaches will increase hand sanitizing on arrival and departure (we will provide and supervise).
- Rowers / Coaches will maintain social distance (recommended 6 ft)
- Boats and equipment will be washed before and after while keeping the suitable distances (Boat and Oars are cleaned with a bleach water mixture before and after rowing).
- Rowers/Coaches will not gather in groups upon arrival and departure. nBoat launch and recovery on the dock will be staggered appropriately to keep numbers on land low.
- Coaches will ensure no interaction with other park users or park staff.
- For Rowers who do not drive themselves. We will ask all parents to remain in their vehicles and not socialize with one another.
As a reminder, this opportunity is solely at the discretion of parents and athletes to make individual choices for their family. If for any reason these recommendations change we will adjust and take the appropriate action.
Thank you for your understanding and support for SORA during this time. Please feel free to contact myself or Coach Terry with any questions or concerns you may have.