Please check this page frequently as we approach the trip as it will contain any updated information.
7/3: Updated entire page with additional regatta information.
7/4: Registration open and Code of Conduct/Medical Consent to Treat form links added. Also added Text Group info.
7/8: Travel Info Added
Check In - Do not forget to check into your flight before getting to the airport. If you are flying on Southwest, you may check in 24 hours prior to take off. Check -in would be Monday, July 9 at 6:05am
Orlando Airport Arrival - 4:15am
Meeting place in Philadelphia/NJ
- Please meet Katie and Kelly at the Southwest Check-in, on the first floor of the airport at 4:15am, yes AM We will walk through security and to the gate together.
- Those flying separate and on your own. Please meet us in Philadelphia at the Southwest Baggage Claim if you are meeting us at the airport.
- IF you are meeting us at the venue - please plan on meeting us there at 2:30pm. You will have to call or text, Kelly to find out our location. If you will NOT be meeting us at the airport or have any change of plans, plane is delayed etc. PLEASE text Kelly at 407-744-6298
Practice Attire - Tuesday
- All rowers have been asked to were there Hi-Vis yellow SORA Shirt and Jeans. Please bring your Hi-Vis SORA hat and Varsity Jacket
Regatta Wear - Wed - Friday
- All rowers are to wear their Hi-Vis yellow SORA shirt, Hiv-vis hat and black spandex to practice on the race course. ONLY black spandex, no stripes, patterns etc.
- All rowers are to wear their Uni-suits, Hi-Vis hat, black gym shorts or shorts and SORA shirt ( Black or Grey preferably, you may wear the Hi-Vis SORA shirt if needed)
Reminder - It is a bit cooler in the mornings and evenings.
Vans and Luggage - We will have 1 - 15 passenger van and 1 - 7 passenger van. We will not have a lot of luggage space. Please pack light and accordingly.
- Breakfast at the hotel - Full omelet station and many breakfast selections
- Lunch and dinner are on their own. Remember that we are in NJ and Philadelphia and prices and taxes are a bit higher. Please plan on $15 - $20 per meal. We will try and keep the costs down.
- Open top bus and tour of Philadelphia. We are looking, if time allows to spend some time checking out a few sites. the cost for the bus is $35 - $40 plus tax.
Be sure to sign- up for the HP, Text group
Contact Info -
Kelly Hagan - 407-744-6298
Coach Katie Wright - 727-249-2909
Forms needed to attend this trip. Please send a picture of completed forms by Friday, July 6th to email@example.com
Code of Conduct: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1f7bS46FsQVWzDsVwzaxBgv4avYtUNTzX
Medical Consent to Care: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FQBKWqKzyXoBRQdaHHGYnm30P5jyrPjL
Text AlertsALL SORA communication will come via the Club Nationals Text alert group. To Join, Text @clubnats18 to 321-282-3526
We are in the final planning stages for this regatta that will cap the end of the High Performance Camp.
Included in rower registration: Hotel, Ground Transportation, Regatta Fees
Not included: Flights & Meals
Registration is NOT open yet but we are publishing details of the trip as we get them sorted. A text/email will go out as soon as we open registration. In the meantime, we encourage all rowers/families who know they are attending to book flights & hotel (hotel only for parents as rowers will be included in regatta fees & stay with team).
A few rowers are booked on the following flight to/from Philadelphia:
From MCO to PHL:
Southwest Flight 1082 departing at 6:05am on July 10th
From PHL to MCO:
Southwest Flight 233 departing at 8:20pm on July 13th
If you can book on those flights, that would be great. If you have already booked a flight, please send your itinerary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I have flight info from all butTeam Hotel (rowers will be included in regatta fee)
HYATT HOUSE MT. LAUREL
3000 Crawford Place
Mt Laurel, New Jersey, USA, 08054
Our rate is $149/Night
If parents would like a room, please call the hotel and ask to book rooms under SORA. You have until end of day Friday. However, I would suggest to look for a rate off of the Hotel Website. It was a bit cheaper. Also, this is an all suite hotel. There are King Suites and Double King Suites.
Emergency contact numbers
The USRowing Club National Championships is located on Cooper River in Camden, New Jersey. Location: Camden County Boathouse.
For directions, use the following address: 7050 N Park Dr Pennsauken Township, NJ 08109
Directions are also available online: http://rowing.camdencountyboathouse.com/locations-directions
Parking will be available on side of North Park Drive, along Cooper River Park.
Be sure to park in a legal parking space, as some sections of North Park Drive are clearly marked as no parking areas. Drivers are responsible for any tickets or fines that result from parking illegally.
Spectators and team vehicles will not be allowed to park on the grass in the park.
Initial Schedule of Races
The initial schedule of races is now posted on the USRowing web site:
Initial heat sheets with lane assignments will be available online on Monday, July 9.
Live Streaming Video
USRowing will be streaming live video coverage of all sprint races.
Visit www.youtube.com/user/usrowingorg to watch the live coverage online.