ALL summer programming is subject to change as we continue to deal with the consequences of Covid-19. We may alter, reschedule or cancel events as need be to adhere to current CDC guidelines.
This is the rescheduled camp that was originally set to run June 15-June 26th. All previously registered rowers are eligible to come to this camp. Anyone not previously registered please do so before attending.
Our new Sculling Elite Camp is a 2 week (Monday - Friday) camp focused on the novice to elite high school rowers who want to improve their technical ability in sculling boats. Each participant will be placed in groups determined by ability and will be coached by SORA Head Coach Terry Davison and Coach Tom Lineberry. This training program would consist of all sculling boat skills and technique in Singles, Doubles and Quads. Our sculling elite camp will include focused technical sessions with feedback and development, video reviews and rowing specific nutrition for the competitive rower.
As a reminder the following policies and protocols will be followed and enforced. All procedures and protocols fall in line with the current CDC health guidelines and imposed restrictions.
All rowers will need to bring this waiver with them when they return to the park, every rower and their parents must read and sign all NEW protocol and procedures.
- Rower / Coaches exhibiting symptoms or who have been in contact with persons exhibiting symptoms MUST stay home.
- IF you are waiting on COVID test results, we ask that you do NOT return to the boathouse until you have a confirmed NEGATIVE result.
- Masks will be MANDATORY on land, around the boatyard and dock area, masks may be removed when in a boat.
- All rowers may NOT return to the boathouse without a signed waiver by both the rower and parent that they understand these guidelines.
- Rowers/Coaches will have temperatures taken upon arrival to the boathouse, any temperature over 100 degrees will be sent home.
- Use of singles will be predominantly used, 4’s and 8’s will not be utilized.
- Rowers / Coaches will increase hand sanitizing on arrival and departure (we will provide and supervise).
- Rowers / Coaches will maintain social distance (recommended 6 ft)
- Boats and equipment will be washed before and after while keeping the suitable distances (Boat and Oars are cleaned with a bleach water mixture before and after rowing).
- Rowers/Coaches will not gather in groups upon arrival and departure. nBoat launch and recovery on the dock will be staggered appropriately to keep numbers on land low.
- Coaches will ensure no interaction with other park users or park staff.
- For Rowers who do not drive themselves. We will ask all parents to remain in their vehicles and not socialize with one another.
As a reminder, this opportunity is solely at the discretion of parents and athletes to make individual choices for their family. If for any reason these recommendations change we will adjust and take the appropriate action.
Thank you for your understanding and support for SORA during this time. Please feel free to contact myself or Coach Terry with any questions or concerns you may have.