It's Southern Erg Sprints time. Here is what you need to know for Sunday.
When: Sunday, February 9, 2020
Event Location: Florida Institute of Technology
Charles and Ruth Clemente Sports and Recreation Center
150 West University Blvd, Melbourne, FL 32901
Parking: Parking is available in front of the Charles and Ruth Clemente Sports and Recreation Center and a parking garage is located next door to the recreation center.
Official Southern Erg Sprint Event Information: https://www.ergracer.com/
If there is a change in schedule or you want to double check your race time, note your race number from the SORA schedule. Please use the link above for the most updated information
SORA Hospitality Link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/409044BA8A82BA3F49-ergsprints
SORA Schedule (updated 2-7-20):
- Non-Lightweight Rowers - at least 1 1/2 hour before your race
- Lightweight Men - At LEAST 3 ½ hours PRIOR to your event
- Lightweight Women, Flyweight Men, Coxswains - at least 2 hours before your race to weigh in
High School Race Apparel
- Southern Sprints Arrival wear - Please arrive in your SORA Hi-Vis Yellow shirt/ SORA Jacket and Black shorts/pants
- Competition - SORA Uni-Suit, you do NOT have to wear the SORA hat
Middle School Race Apparel
- Southern Sprints Arrival wear - Please arrive in your SORA Hi-Vis Yellow shirt/SORA Racing tank and black shorts/pants
- Competition - SORA Racing tank and black spandex, you do NOT have to wear the SORA hat
VERY IMPORTANT - High school Weigh-in procedure
Three (3) hour weigh-in cutoff for HS Boys LtWt 2000m events only.
There is a standard one (1) hour cutoff for all other ltwt events including Masters, Coxswain, and HS Women events.
If you are ONLY racing HS Lightweight 2000m events, you must make weight at least 3 hours in advance of your scheduled race time to allow for proper hydration and eating time. You only have to make weight once for the whole day.
All weigh-in must take place on-site and be administered by Southern Sprints personnel to be considered official.
ALL ATHLETES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO STAY HYDRATED AND WELL-NOURISHED THROUGHOUT THE DAY.
All rowers are allowed one coxswain for their race, this can be a coach, another rower and for middle school a parent. Help a rower/friend out, if you see a SORA rower about to race without a coxswain jump in and help your teammate out!
Check in/Check out Procedure: All rowers should stop by the SORA Hospitality Tent FIRST for updated information and schedule.
High School Rowers:
- Please find Coach Terry once you arrive at the venue, it helps in knowing who is there. He can update you with any change in the schedule that will affect your race. It will be up to you to know when your race is and be ready.
- Please make sure you let Coach Terry know before you leave the venue for any reason, especially to go home.
Middle School Rowers
- Please find Coach Deidrah once you arrive. All middle school rowers will have experienced parents and high school rowers on-hand to help them get where they need to be.
- Please make sure you let Coach Deidrah know before you leave the venue for any reason, especially to go home.
If this is your first Erg Sprints, I will be on-site to help answer questions and make sure your rower is where they should be.
See You Sunday,
SORA Program Director